Our office in Hilo is currently closed to the public. We are committed to protecting our island and all of our wonderful community from the impacts of invasive species as much as we can, and right now, it looks like that includes the viral kind!
In aligning with current recommendations, we are taking these steps to limit social interaction and prevent the spread of Covid19:
- Our office in Hilo is currently closed to the public.
- If you have questions or want to report something weird, don’t hesitate! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, FB message, call 933-3340, or text (808) 731-9232.
- Samples of ants for identification: please mail them (frozen!) to 23 E. Kawili Street and we will try to get your to you results within a week of receipt.
- Please DO NOT drop off insects or plant materials for ID at our office – there is no guarantee there will be anyone available to receive them and put them in refrigeration. Contact us to discuss specimen receipt.
- LFA Community Huis/Other Invasive Species talks: We can arrange for limited public talks with strict Covid precautions (outdoor venue, all participants masked, minimum social distance). We can also offer virtual meetings for your community of any age and topic need! Just reach out and we’ll work with you to determine how to best meet your needs safely.
Please take care and follow all recommendations for social distancing and good hygiene. We look forward to seeing all of you very soon, happy, healthy, and ready to battle some invasive species when this crisis has passed. Much aloha from the BIISCuits!