Steps to notifying property owners and removal of hazardous albizia trees.
- Find the property owner’s name and mailing adress:
- Go to the Hawaii Property Tax website and search by parcel number. Enter your parcel number, thenmap site and click on the parcel that has the hazardous albizia trees. LINK
- OR Call a local realter to check for the newest property owner on MLS.
- Send the property owner a photo, notification letter of hazardous albizia by certified mail, keep 3 copies, include you phone and/or email address, and a list of 3 possible arborists.
- Wait about 4 weeks for a reply.
- If you don’t receive a reply or get a negative reply fill out a “Department of Public Works Information and Complaint Request for Investigation and Service Report Form”. LINK
- To contact the office directly use email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Phone: 961-8631, Fax: 961-8630
- If the county can’t help contact the State of Civil Defense/Hawaii Emergency Management Agency on Oahu. Make sure the have photos of hazardous albizia that endangers your home, personal saftey, power lines, or your street access.
- Call first: Steve Sigler – Emergency Operations Planner: Office: (808)733-4300. Email: email@example.com. He will determine if its’s a hazard.
- CD/HEMA will put you on their list to do an onsite inspection and evaluation.
If the hazardous albizia are overhanging powerlines, notify HELCO.
Call the office: 969-6666 HELCO will put you on their tree trimming list.
If the hazardous albizia are growing within the HPPOA easements:
Call the HPPOA office: 966-4500 and fill out a Road Maintenance Request Form.